TurboSquid is an official USPS licensee. It’s a great opportunity for all artists and customers, and involves several changes to the structure of how TurboSquid will sell and regulate products on our marketplace.
- There is a special artist agreement for selling USPS-related 3D Models that you must agree to if you wish to continue selling USPS-related 3D Models.
- TurboSquid is the only approved outlet for selling USPS related 3D Models. This means that USPS requires you to exclusively sell USPS related 3D models through TurboSquid, which has implemented their review process for buyers and sellers, whether you are a SquidGuild member or not.
- USPS will review each new product for accuracy before the product is published.
- No dual branded products.
- USPS-related 3D Models may be sold as part of a collection of USPS-related 3D; however, they may not be sold as part of a general collection of 3D cars of other brands.
- You may not depict the USPS brand with any of the following:
- illegal drug use
- sex, nudity
- graphic depiction of death, violence, or gore
- foul or illicit language
- any depiction that is offensive or disparaging to USPS
- You may NOT remove any branding or trade dress (whether by logo or otherwise)
- USPS mailboxes and vehicles may not be damaged or weathered in any way.
- Except as part of safety training materials, all vehicle occupants depicted in connection with the published content must wear seatbelts and cannot be injured as result of vehicle operation, including being ejected from vehicles.
- Pedestrians and animals cannot be injured.
- The USPS brand must have no interaction with police vehicles and no police officer may be injured or killed.
USPS will share in the revenue for their products in this arrangement. Artist royalty rates will be somewhat lower. The new royalty rates for artists for USPS content are:
- Diamond SquidGuild: 48%
- Ruby SquidGuild: 46.4%
- Emerald SquidGuild: 44.8%
- Gold SquidGuild: 43.2%
- Silver SquidGuild: 41.6%
- Bronze SquidGuild: 40.8%
- Clear SquidGuild: 40%
- Standard Artist Royalty (non-SquidGuild): 32%
- TurboSquid recommends that you consider raising your price by at least 25%, for example raising from $100 → $125.
- Previously, TurboSquid disallowed publication of USPS content. Now artists can publish USPS products that allow customers many types of uses.
- USPS has the exclusive and unilateral right to approve or disapprove a specific purchase of a USPS product, depending on the purchaser’s stated use.
- USPS has a significant number of licensees that will be directed to your buy TurboSquid content. Our hope is that this will increase the sales of USPS 3D Models.
- TurboSquid is an official USPS licensee. It’s a great opportunity for all artists and customers, and involves several changes to the structure of how TurboSquid will sell and regulate products on our marketplace.