For answers to commonly asked questions, including those about royalty percentages, please visit our USPS FAQ.
In addition to the responsibilities and obligations set forth in this document, all other TurboSquid terms and policies still apply, including but not limited to, the Publishing Agreement. Defined terms shall have the meaning set forth herein or as previously defined in the Publishing Agreement.
“USPS” refers to the company that allows TurboSquid to disseminate Stock Media Products depicting its Objects under the specified USPS.
“Object” means certain elements from reference imagery used to build a Stock Media Product.
III. Publishing Rules for Stock Media Products Depicting USPS
The following publishing rules apply to all content associated with this USPS:
- Identify. Identify the Object’s USPS, product name, or manufacturer in at least the Stock Media Product (1) title and (2) tags.
- Approval. TurboSquid may approve or reject the Stock Media Product or request that you modify the Stock Media Product. USPS, through TurboSquid, has final, unilateral authority over whether the Stock Media Product may be published on TurboSquid. You may NOT circumvent the Site’s publisher screening to publish such Stock Media Products without approval. USPS, through TurboSquid, has the right in its sole discretion to revoke its approval of any Stock Media Product at any time.
- Exclusive Distribution. Any Stock Media Product related to USPS must be disseminated exclusively on the Site. You may NOT submit any Stock Media Product related to USPS to any third-party site or post any Stock Media Product related to USPS to any site under your control.
- Case by Case Approval. Sale of Stock Media Products related to USPS may be subject to case-by-case approval. USPS, through TurboSquid, has the exclusive and unilateral right to approve or disapprove a specific sale of any Stock Media Products related to USPS based on a purchaser’s stated use.
There may be additional publishing rules for each individual USPS. Examples of these limitations may include (but are not limited to):
- Accurate. The Stock Media Product is modeled with reasonable accuracy to the authentic appearance of the Object in reality. You may NOT modify or devise any confusing or dilutive use of any of USPS’s USPSing or trade dress, including logos and any other distinctive feature.
- CAD Data. You may NOT improperly disclose or misappropriate any CAD data.
- Damage. Any damage or damage animation depicted by the Stock Media Product is either disallowed or must be realistic.
- No Pre-Release Concepts. You may NOT submit any Stock Media Product depicting a pre-release concept (i.e., before the Object becomes available to consumers of USPS).
- No Dual USPSed Products. You may NOT submit any dual USPSed Stock Media Products.
- No General Collections. Stock Media Product related to USPS may NOT be sold as part of a collection that includes content that is unrelated to USPS. A collection consistent entirely of 3D Models related to USPS may be offered only if each Stock Media Product has been approved individually.
- Digital Rights Management. Wherever feasible, Stock Media Product related to USPS should include digital rights management technology, including encryption, rights signaling, and copy protection technology, to prevent the unlicensed reproduction, use, or copying of the model.
- Application of Labor and Employment Standards. You will not use child labor in the manufacturing, packaging or distribution of Licensed Products. The term “Child” refers to a person younger than the local legal minimum age for employment or the age for completing compulsory education, but in no case will any child younger than sixteen (16) years of age be employed in the manufacturing, packaging or distribution of Licensed Products. Where employing young persons who do not fall within the definition of “Children”, you agree also to comply with any laws applicable to such persons. You will only employ persons whose presence is voluntary. You will not use any forced or involuntary labor, whether prison, bonded, indentured or otherwise. You will treat each employee with dignity and respect, and not use corporal punishment, threats of violence, or other forms of physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse.
You will not discriminate in hiring and employment practices, including salary, benefits, advancement, discipline, termination or retirement, on the basis of race, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, political opinion or disability. You will comply, at a minimum, with all applicable wage and hour laws, including minimum wage, overtime, maximum hours and other elements of compensation, and will provide legally mandated benefits. If local laws do not provide for overtime pay, you agree to pay at least regular wages for overtime work. Except in extraordinary business circumstances, you will not require employees to work more than the lesser of (a) 48 hours per week and 12 hours overtime or (b) the limits of regular and overtime hours allowed by local law, or, where local law does not limit the hours of work, the regular work week in such country plus 12 hours overtime. In addition, except in extraordinary business circumstances, employees will be entitled to at least one day off in every seven-day period. Where local industry standards are higher than applicable legal requirements, you will meet the higher standards.
You will provide employees with a safe and healthy workplace in compliance with all applicable laws, ensuring, at a minimum, reasonable access to potable water and sanitary facilities, fire safety, and adequate lighting and ventilation. You will ensure that the same standards for health and safety are applied in any housing they provide for employees. You will provide Licensor with any information Licensor may request about manufacturing, packaging and distribution facilities for the Licensed Products. You will respect the rights of employees to associate, organize and bargain collectively in a lawful and peaceful manner, without penalty or interference, in accordance with applicable laws. You will comply with all applicable environmental laws. You will comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation those pertaining to the manufacture, pricing, sale and distribution of the Licensed Products. You agree that Licensor and its designated representatives may engage in monitoring activities to confirm compliance with these criteria for engagement, including unannounced on‑site inspections of manufacturing and distribution facilities, and employer‑provided housing, such inspections to include reviews of books and records relating to employment matters and private interviews with employees. You will provide Licensor with access to all sites reasonably requested by Licensor to perform and exercise its rights of inspection hereunder. You agree to maintain on‑site all documentation necessary to demonstrate compliance with these criteria, which Licensor and its agent may review, and make and retain extracts of, to assist the compliance monitoring.
- Acknowledgment. The trademarks or trade dress of content produced by this USPS are owned exclusively by USPS. You acknowledge and agree that USPS owns all right, title, and interest in and to the trademarks or trade dress of content produced by this USPS. You further acknowledge and agree that you shall have no claim of ownership for this USPS and shall not seek to enforce any right against USPS or against any third party in any forum for any purpose.
AGREEMENT BY AUTHORIZED MANUFACTURER
Name and Address of Manufacturer:
Country of Manufacturer:
- Manufacturer agrees to comply with all additional instructions by USPS related to the License Agreement, including but not limited to executing and/or delivering any documents or materials as may be necessary for USPS to protect its rights in the Licensed Properties in any jurisdiction.
- Manufacturer will not manufacture the Licensed Articles to the order of anyone except the Licensee, will only invoice the Licensee, will not ship to anyone other than the Licensee or Licensee’s designees and will not ship after the expiration date of the License;
- Manufacturer will hold strictly confidential all information related to the Licensed Articles;
- Manufacturer will not subcontract production of the Licensed Articles;
- Manufacturer will not manufacture any products or merchandise utilizing the Licensed Properties other than on the Licensed Articles;
- Manufacturer will permit an authorized representative of USPS upon request and five (5) days’ notice to inspect its activities and premises, accounting books, and invoices relevant to its manufacture and supply of the Licensed Articles;
- Manufacturer will not publish or cause the publication of pictures of the Licensed Articles in any publication or promotional material, nor promote or advertise the fact that it is permitted to manufacture the Licensed Articles; and
Upon expiration or termination of the License Agreement, or upon notification by USPS, Manufacturer will immediately cease manufacturing the Licensed Articles and deliver to USPS or its authorized representative that portion of any and all molds, plates, engravings, or other devices used to reproduce the Licensed Properties or will provide USPS with evidence that the Licensed Properties have been removed.