- Scene Management - A list of best practices for 3D Scene Management including naming, intelligent combining and merging, layer usage, and more.
- Scene Organization - Before you publish your 3D model for sale, you should take a few moments to organize the scene for the customer. A few minutes of your time can save customers hours of work after they buy your model…
- Layers - Learn how to add and name layers in your 3D model or scene. The CheckMate Pro spec requires that you use a layer structure in which all of your objects are placed within a layer that has the same name as your product.
- Centering at the Origin - Learn why centering 3D Models at the origin is important for 3D customers. For CheckMate Pro and PixelSquid certification, you are required to have the pivot point of the model centered on the 0, 0, 0 origin.
- Resetting Transforms - Learn how to reset transforms for you 3D model in 3ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, and Blender. For CheckMate Pro and StemCell certification, you must reset your transforms.
- Missing Files Assets - Learn how to avoid Missing Files or Asset Errors in your 3D models. For CheckMate Pro and Lite Certification, your model may not yield a missing file/asset error. Therefore, you are required to either zip your 3D model files, textures, and bitmaps into a single, flat file structure, or to zip all of the bitmap textures for your models into its own ZIP file to upload once as a Textures Supporting Items product.
- Texture References - Learn 3D Model Texture References. For CheckMate Pro and StemCell certification, you are required to use meaningful texture names and strip your texture paths. CheckMate Lite, you are required to strip your texture paths.