This is a simplified checklist for artists submitting 3D models to StemCell. We know that the StemCell Specification contains a lot of information, but following these guidelines will bring you one step closer to having a StemCell certified asset.
Note: StemCell v2 is built around a PBR Metallic/Roughness workflows. If you are using Spec / Gloss workflow, you can temporarily submit to StemCell v1. Please refer to the StemCell v1 Checklist. Please note that this will soon be deprecated, so we highly recommend updating to a PBR workflow and reviewing the content below.
- Textures must be using PBR Metallic/Roughness workflows
- Clear scene of extra camera, helpers or other scene elements
- Texture paths must be stripped.
- Model at real-world scale.
- Model units in centimeters (cm).
- Model must be centered at origin and aligned to world up-axis.
- Model must be oriented facing forward.
- Scale and Rotation transformations must be frozen.
- No junk in model files (helpers, splines, empty objects, etc.).
- Model must be in a single non-default layer.
- Complete model must be in a master group at the root of the scene.
- All model files, scene objects, materials, and textures names must be descriptive. No default names. No double underscores, hyphens, or other special characters.