Year after year, customers demand to see detailed imagery to make their buying decisions. Our required imagery will take a minute to figure out how to produce, but once you get the hang of it, you will find it straightforward. You need to create the following Preview Images: One Search Image, Five Product Shots, One Wireframe, and One 360° Turntable. Our supported image formats are jpg, png, bmp, and gif.
Most models should show the model in its entirety and float on a 247, 247, 247 RGB background in a square aspect ratio at a minimum resolution of 1200 x 1200 pixels.
Full body renders aren’t always ideal for search. While human and character models must be on a 247 white background, you are encouraged to frame your search images in a way that best showcases details of your model.
Interiors and exteriors do not typically work well on a 247 white background. So, if you are creating Search Images for these types of models, you have more freedom to be creative.
Product Shots showcase the beauty of your models. They cover various angles, aspects, and important details with great lighting and rendering to convince customers they too can get incredible quality from your model. A large number of high quality Product Shots will increase sales more than any other factor. For detailed information about 3D photography and composition, please visit our article on 3D photography.
You are required to submit at least five (5) Product Shots that are rendered at a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080.
Wireframes Images show the construction of the model. You are required to provide at least one wireframe that is rendered at a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080. For meshes that are subdividable, we encourage you to create additional images that show the subdivision levels.
Showcase your model with at least one Turntable sequence of 12 to 72 frames rendered at a minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080. All of those images must be at that same resolution in one of these formats: jpg, png, bmp, and gif.
- You can substitute a Marmoset .mview file for your required Turntable
- For collections you are not required to create a turntable for each item. Acceptable collection turntables include featuring one model that best illustrates the quality of all of the models you are including in the collection or featuring several models in a single grouping.
- Turntables are not required for interior or exterior scenes
- Some artists like to use this feature to show walk cycles and animations as additional Turntables that don’t spin.
- Turntables must be sequentially numbered starting with 00 or 01 (a leading 0 is required), with a dash or underscore before the number. Here are examples of supported naming conventions:
ImageName-00.jpg, ImageName-01.jpg, ImageName-02.jpg, …
ImageName_01.jpg, ImageName_02.jpg, ImageName_03.jpg, …
At least one image showing the UV layout of your model overlaid on the diffuse texture. While this is only required for models submitted for CheckMate Pro certification, we highly recommend providing UV layouts if your model has been unwrapped.
You are free to showcase your product’s special features, textures, scene organization, rigging controls, and more in as many images as you like. We encourage you to provide as much bonus imagery as you can because it conveys quality and detail to customers. Get creative and have fun!